Summer League Philosophy
- Promote unselfish competition.
- Promote “Team Before Self”
- Teach and apply fundamentals.
- Promote Good Sportsmanship.
- Learn “How” to play the game successfully and effectively.
- Three Coed Age Divisions (based on grade entering in the fall)
- 3rd & 4th Grade
- 5th & 6th Grade
- 7th & 8th Grade
- One Week of Skills & Drills & Evaluations
- Two Weeks of Practice
- Four Weeks of Games
- Games Played on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
- Weekly Clinics
- Dish Shooting Clinic
- Extra practice on fundamentals
- Coaches available to assist with areas of need
3rd & 4th Grade Division
- Fundamentals- passing, shooting
- Offense- Basic Motion Offense
- Cutting, how to set screens, how to use a screen
- Less dribbling and more moving without the ball
- Dribble with a purpose
- Looking for the high percentage scoring opportunity
- How to Play Team Defense- “Help & Recover”
- Defensive Principles
- 2-1-2 quarter court zone defense
- 1-2-2 quarter court zone defense